Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Temporary Home

Weeks ago, I was staying at my aunt’s place in Cheras.

All thanks to her for having the kindness to let me stay there for so long throughout my study leave period.

However, as I thought I will be merely just studying to prepare for my examination, I have experience another feeling of family-ness in this immediate family of mine.

Before I get to know my uncle better, he used to be a fierce looking man who talks no more than little and that let me always have a phobia when I see him during those days when I visit the family during holiday.

However, this time around, things have been pretty much different. He loves sharing stories and stuff he had went through in life. He loves food, so mostly I will be listening to him sharing about ways to cook including where will be the right place to buy all those ingredients and good food around KL.

My aunt has been the person I talk to the most, as only she that able to understand Hokkien, as the rest will just usually stare at me curiously puzzling what she and me is talking about.

However, there is always an alternative of language with my other cousins.

Some are working some are studying. Those working I see them twice a week, at most, those studying, I only got to mingle around with them during weekends.

However, I will say, most of the time I will spent the time with my he-cousin (got such thing?), as we usually spend time playing sports during the evening (Yea! Better believe it, I do play sports)

I felt sorry sometimes; do not know whether, if he ever felt frustrated playing badminton with me, as the frequency of me missing the shuttle-cock is higher than whenever I can hit it.

But, he always seems to never mind and offer to play again the next day. That actually makes me determined to play better although my skills is still nowhere near satisfactory level.

During the few weeks stay, I learn some custom or better called as eating etiquette such as calling the elders first, strictly being reminded to stay on the table until all are done eating, eating at a more (and more) gentle way without those noise coming out from the chewing and most importantly, a strong display of filial piety

During the few weeks stay, I got to  also know more of my cousins (yea, I admit I know them little before that

Example, when my cousin seems not being very happy with things people more elder than him is doing, he knows what is ‘silence is golden’ and just kept patient, although his true nature is a person of bad-tempered and can be really nasty with things he despise off. Don’t you think young people like this are getting lesser nowadays?

image

Running a family is nothing different from running a government. A fair and justice government with give-and-take policy between the people and the ruler is what that that brings prosperity and peace.

All this blessing must be of good karma done by all of them and with great teachings from both of their parents. Sadhu!

Exam is going to end soon. Good times with friends are finishing too. But sweet memories will never fade away.

 

Oh Boddhisatta Avalokitesvara,

In your manifestation of compassion and mercifulness,

Bless the family of mine,

Bless the family of all my relatives and friends,

Bless the family of all sentient beings,

Bless all those without a family to be also filled with love of family-hood,

Let all beings to cultivate the values of love to let it flow freely in their home,

As the love of universe can only begins from home,

Let no quarrels and dispute to divide them,

As quarrels can only bring negative afflictions and bad energy,

But if quarrels are unavoidable,

Let the strong feelings of love to be more overwhelming,

As nothing can be greater than the power of true love and compassion.

May all be well and happy.

 

image My own words of filial piety: Take good care of yourself, first, then only you can look after them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment