Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Day!!

This year, my Thaipusam celebration was slightly different.

It's rather more tiring and exhausting, more blister, and more sweat droppings.

However, in the difficulties and hurdles I gone through, I understand the little meaning of life.

On Friday, I receive a sudden message from my old school teacher seeking for help to carry up loads of ice up to the Waterfall Temple.

I was partly holding back because I was extremely tired- after the motorbike test, went to school, and all the way to the Immigration Office.

But I believe my 'sir' wouldn't have call me if and only if he doesn't really need my help.

So, took a bus at 4pm and reach there at 5.30pm after a long walk from Adventist under the hot Sun with a friend that didn't even grunt throughout the whole way.

Counting the steps at the Waterfall Temple, loads of ice were carried up.

Many things happened that time

As it's a voluntary work, therefore nobody was actually sighing or even complaining.
Everyone was working under a very pleasant and willing manner. Air of laughter were carried along with the heavy ice towards the top of the temple.

I was made to understand that the ice was meant to quench thousands of thirst during the Thaipusam celebration on Sunday.

As the sky turning darker, we decided to make a move. However, we realise our bags were kept by my 'sir' and he is up on the temple while we were already at the basement.

So, I make a call and without thinking, my 'sir' went all the way down just to pass us the bags. To those who went there should know how tiring climbing the stairs, but my 'sir' did it ( climbing down and went up again) in his not very young age. I was very guilty but the best I can say is 'Thank you'.

When we were about to leave, suddenly the 2 seniors came with their motorcycle to fetch me and my friend back to Adventist. Realising that there's is no extra helmet, they insist us for the ride. For safety reason, I just ask them to put me and my friend near the end of the road- save us about 500m.

This may be one the most tiring day, however it is a day of friendship, a day of respect, and even a day of mankind.

The significance of Thaipusam seems to be much more meaningful than just loud music, chariots, and anything we always relate to.

It was a feeling I l have lost for the past 5 years after leaving my secondary school.

The natural feeling of friendship, respect and loving were no longer in the new environment of my high school.

I miss those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment