Saturday, July 3, 2010

Celebration of Tao

Now, it’s the time to gather again!

People used to think Taoism is a religion (or actually a belief) that is filled mostly with magic, where you can see people flying, jumping, and hitting themselves with swords or needles.

For those who belief it, called that medium or ‘tang ki’ when God transcend into human form. For those not, maybe they assume it’s a kind of devil possession.

Anything you would like to perceive doesn’t matter.

However, what is interesting, Taoism has always been the instrument to hold my family together or even until to my extended family members.

Saying upon that, I am thankful to my grandfather as he is not only passing down a belief to his generation, but even setting a rice bowl for most of his generation today.

His setting up of a Taoim Centre, called ι‡‘ηœŸε› has assured us a place to reflect upon his legacy, history, and his own story of Tao.

P4200144

Last Sunday at 26th June, the Centre celebrated the Heavenly Deity Zhang Tian Shi.

P1000857

However, what that make the celebration significant was mostly all my relatives came together and meet up.

You can hear laughter and noises people catching up since we had a mass meeting since the last Chinese New Year.

P1000910

P1000921

But, it’s also sad and sorrow in me to realise there are some who had departed and leave forever, to not join us as years before.

However, this is the cycle of life. The newer and younger generations coming up and the current generation will be moving on.P1000900

I don’t know how long more I got this chance to celebrate this event again, as I am going to study further sooner.

However, let this continue to be a tradition and may the Tao remain eternal.

 

P1000870

No comments:

Post a Comment