Wednesday, September 12, 2012

When Anat, Physio and Biochem is what we Learn

 

On Day 1, Orientation started.

The MMMC Dean introduced the faculty members.

The only one that captivated my attention is the Anatomy Faculty.

The Head of Department introduced was surprisingly young.

From a Malaysian student perception during school days, usually young teachers are inferior to the older ones in terms of knowledge and experience.

But, it was proven wrong as this does not happen in India.

In this 1 year, I have gone through with lecturer willing to spent their time long after office hours.

The spirit of work-to-serve has definitely inspired me to serve like them, though in another way.

In the afternoon, first class of our academic session begin.

HOD of Physiology came in and I can still remember she asked us to take out our Objective Book and write the word FOCUS on the front page. Initially, it sounded real childish.

She said in medicine, we must keep our goal and focus to be clear every day.

Later on, it remain as an important reminder for my every Block that I should not ever slack because every of the knowledge acquired have equal importance for now and future.

Our first Biochem lecturer started the lesson on amino acid, making me always thought she is the the HOD.

She said, if we spent our time by concentrating on studies, time in India will be flying so fast even without we realise it. Today, I know she is surely right about that.

I would mention one great soul that have play a larger role that besides teaching me Biochem in this 1 year, but also how to be a medical student.

She always said,

“You might escape with last-minute study, mugging everything before the exam, but how will it makes you a better doctor”.

If a medical student make full use of their study life in India, I am very sure, they do not only gain the basic knowledge to save a patient.

We will first learn how doctor should be a human (compassion), then ask this humane doctor to learn to treat his patient as a human like how he would treat for himself (empathy), which then only save him from pain and death (kindness), and if pain and death is still not running away, he must know how to teach the patient how to live with it (self-loving).

The person I am putting the last, but not the least is my Mentor.

Too much of great things a man can do as he has been always there for all other mentees whenever we are TRASHED! Thank you Sir!

My interest to Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry so so much would not have arise without all of these people.

Don’t think if I stop here, that is all I can portray about the effort of my lecturers they have put on every student.

The tribute of my teacher can only be paid back from my service.

“Guru kumhar shishya kumbha hai ghadi-ghadi kadhat kot bhitar haat sahar de bahar bahe chot”
Translation: A teacher scolds you for your mistakes but he also supports you to do your best. As a potter who beats the pot on the outer side to give a good shape and design while supporting the pot by putting a hand inside it.

Pray for the best for Pharma, Microb, Patho and Forensic to be Learnt

316542_1864859841150_1830630659_1195850_501380836_n

image

p.s Decided to have no names and personal photos for protecting privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment