Friday, December 11, 2009

Returning and Leaving

Time really flies..my settlement on this peaceful land is going to end soon..

Of course I am returning again for the next holidays, but surely I am going to miss here, at least for now.

I am surely going to miss the kenduri(s) for khatan sunat (circumcision for the Muslim children when they attain puberty) or even the akad nikah (marridge).

I counted. I attended at least 5 kenduri(s) of many events..imagine how much I had 'top up' to my body weight..haih =.=

















































I wil miss the live performance using the gendangs, gong, seruling and kompang.
















The cheerful and closely-bonded ties between relatives and family members in the wedding
























My uncle challenge me the Alor Setar "so called" famous Laksa with Penang Asam Laksa..haha which laksa you think will win leh? Obviously Penang la..but good try to the Kedah version
























haha..round-about in the town reminds me a lot of Shah Alam..tis wan wif Rukun Negara symbol..there is another smaller wan i think in front..with another 1 haha many la













With the hot weather, I am extremely grateful to get free coconuts just outside my grandfather's house..but you have to pluck it ourself la..worth the sweat we drop

I finish 4 young and fresh coconuts..skip lunch for that



























This can be a routine as well, boring yet fun!!

Catching peacock fish from the long strech of river along the valley,
Striding down the road in the evening feeling the breeze passing through you,
Go for a basketball game with some kampung children,
Curi some telur ayam...ssshhhshhhshh don't tell anyone leh
Go for a roti canai with cousins in the late night.
Hike Gunung Jerai and be satisfied at the PEAK!! (never try before yet) haha halfway still


There's many many more stuff I miss to do here...but to keep the best for the last will be:

The green loving scenery that will welcome you every morning and say goodbye to you when the sun set every evening.



























Say Hi to Penang again...and see what is going to be for Inter Unit Competition..
Pray hARD

2 comments: