Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rich and Poor

Today, I walked alone down the road of an old village just around my grandparent's hometown.

My cousins wanted to follow. But I just want to be alone.

Most of the time, if I walked with them, I just cannot concentrate with what is surrounding me. Accompanying them instead.

I am glad that I get the scene all by my own today.

Firstly, I saw 1 old Malay guy clearing the bushes around his house. He is a tomb maker (I wonder if that's what you called them).

He talk with some Kedah Malay Slang. I understood. I replied with a Hi, I smile and I walk pass him.

Then, I saw a few Malay childrens playing badminton. They were shouting something. If I am not mistaken, they should be cheering "Lee Chong Wei".

After that, on my left and right, I saw luxurious houses on my left and right.

These structures were never erected when I came here maybe about 4 years ago.

Things have changed.

I cleared my steps moving on and think...

Are they poor before and now they are rich?
What are poor and what are rich?
Why are we poor and why are we rich?

Hmm...questions by questions struck my head causing greater migraine...especially in this poor little curious boy like me..

Well, poor is a state of poverty..it is just a measure of property.
Rich is a state of luxury..owning many assets and rights and the vice versa.

Well, so what if there are no poors 1 day?

Then, it will be the end of the world!!!

Why??

Because when 1 day everyone think they are rich enough, nobody will compete to be richer, hence no development in economic growth, a nation will diminish its overall performance, and a civilisation shall collapse!!!

Maybe this is a slippery slope ( a fallacy I learn in my critical thinking lesson)..

But I let my imagination continue swaying out from reality...

A country can only prosperous as long there are poors..

As long the poors work hard to be rich, then the country will automatically be stronger and richer too..

So, how to stop the end of the world I mean just now?

Then, the poor must think they are poorer and work harder and harder...
On the other hand, the rich must think they are not rich enough (or better still, they are extremely poor)

Then, definitely everyone will strive their best to improve their financial stability.

I am not joking..

Look at people like Loh Boon Siew (Tan Sri), Yap Chor Ee..all this are rich taukay last time..

What happen to them now?

Losing in their rich luxurious dreamland...because their generations later on think they are rich enough and hence there is nothing to fill back.

This is the end of the world I mean...

SO!!

C'mon poor people (like me)

Let us rise and be no shame to admit of our poverty

In fact, we are the backbone to the development of the country.
(It is because it's more possible for the poorer to be poor and then rich..

There are smaller number of population for those rich to be richer and richest

Eg: there are only 1 Bill Gates you can be.

But there are many many many people which can gain richer every day.

So, we are the majority..
We are the deciding factor..
We are the roots of the nation..

Let's not look down at ourselve..
The country need us more than the rich..

But thinking we are POOR is just not enough

DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE OUR LIFE..

Let us lift our head high when someone feel we are not rich..that are what they suppose to think

And that is what we gonna change every moring whenwe open our eyes...

-I am a very bad manipulater whahaha-

(alright better I sleep before I got spank..my grandpa have came out and warned me for the 4th time..)

Good Luck to the Poors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment