Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fortis Atque Fidelis

On yesterday 21.10.2009, the Grand Old Lady has entered into its another golden year, the 193th anniversary.

Being the oldest Alma mater in the Southeast Asia, definitely it will be all pride and fame for all Frees to celebrate this historical and grand occasion.

In fact, only when I am writing this, I just realise I am one of the very many Old Frees all around the world.

Down the memory lane, many sweet and bitter experiences I have gone through in this place called Penang Free School.

Not forgetting those days when I usually sleep in the school for holidays, running around with the Junior Coms or even counting the stars together in the middle of the night on the cricket pitch.

This is also the place where I have cause so much dispute with the school authorities. Maybe I am still young that time (and I am not really that old now as well), but yet I believe I am still holding on the same stand with what I did till today.

However, it's not the main concern about how much I have gone through but how well I have gone through.

Yet, this question will only remain as a question as the road to success is still far away.

However, what is distance when time will always linearly move us forward if we dare to strive further and lift up our self up in the shine of success.

With this, I hope the Grand Old Lady can always remain relevant and continue to produce leaders (Tunku Abdul Rahman, Jimmy Choo, Tun Lim Chong Eu, P. Ramlee as the very few names which are also the Old Frees)for the nation or even the world.

The motto "Fortie Atque Fidelis" will remain flowing as Free School is only for the brave and true.

1 comment: