Thursday, October 1, 2009

Salam Lebaran, Singkapan Kenangan

Tomorrow I am going to sit for English test, but seems I am still bravely sitting in front here putting up a new post.

Well, that's because a few unforgettable thoughts and happenings that happened throughout this Raya have run through my mind.

A few to highlight here:

1. I get to wish more Malay friends for this year Raya (mostly my new friends from INTEC)
2. How cool we were when we "ON" the Raya songs and enjoyed them together in class before the semester break begun.
3. Went to Radin's house (ooo new name in the blog, haha) was also a new experience. After knowing him nearly 4 years more, this is the first time I actually celebrate Raya in his house since I couldn't make it last year.
4. Enjoying kuih raya brought by my Malay friends just catch another glimpse of Malaysian backdrop of the colours of unity. Thanks for that delicious kuih...
5. Surprisingly, Miss Nadiah (if you don't know, my Chemistry lecturer) brought us also some nice baked cereals (sort of Corn Flakes) with mouth watering cake. Thanks for remembering us =)
6. Manage to text many losing contact friends, teachers and anyone I met throught my years of networking. Good to see the bonding of friends to be formed again.

I don't know what's more coming up to mark this celebration for the month of Syawal.

What I know, this very simple way of us celebrating Raya together with close friends is more enough than those mega open house.

At least, we found our common difference and we celebrate it with respect and cohesiveness.

I don't know how is Raya actually mean to others especially the non-Muslim, but that is how I sketch it in my mind.

Not too late for the Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment